Creative Commons API
Reclaim the Creative Commons
This API is best for enabling machine learning and AI-powered services that build upon and leverage the Creative Commons data and metadata.
The Creative Commons API brings the power of their open access of data and open licenses to developers, enabling them to take powerful data models and build upon them. With this API developers can more easily take advantage of Creative Commons data to build applications that range from automated content recognition, copyright enforcement, adaptation of Creative Commons works, and more.
- Data across large collections of Creative Commons-licensed works; OAI-PMH harvester for large scale access and synchronization; Integrated authentication with OAuth2 and OpenID Connect; Rich metadata with dublin core
- IPTC and VRA; Image recognition and tagging with machine learning; auto-classification of content with taxonomy.
Potential use cases
- Automatic Copyright Enforcement Tool: Develop a tool that automatically flags copyright violations by leveraging the Creative Commons metadata standard to find potential issues and send out automated notices
- Creative Commons Content Marketplace: Develop an application allowing creators to showcase their Creative Commons works and buyers to pay for licenses to use them
- Adaptation Tool: Develop a tool that allows creators to easily adapt and remix works released under the Creative Commons licenses
- CC Catalog
- CC Search
- Flickr API´s