The official source for federal open source software releases.
This API is best for developers to create applications using government-developed open source software.
Code.gov API is a secure and comprehensive API with the ability to access government related open source software. Developers can build applications with this API and take advantage of existing projects released by the government. It's easy to use and setup a secure environment for development purposes with secure collaboration capabilities, secure code management, bug tracking, and a secure development lifecycle for deployment. The API Directory provides access to API options for accessing data and services across many government sources. Code reviews and feedback from other developers provide quality assurance as projects evolve and documentation makes it easier to get started.
- Source code repository hosting and code management
- secure development lifecycle governance
- public API directories and APIs
- code reviews and feedback
- secure code collaboration
- secure version management
- bug and vulnerability tracking and management
- code development and collaboration history.
Potential use cases
- Geolocation Project: Create an application using government open source software to track public facing projects geographically, allowing governments to better track project outcomes.
- Data Collection Application: Develop an application that can be used to access, collect, and analyze data from multiple government resources from a single interface.
- Decision Support Tool: Create a decision support tool that leverages open source data from the government to provide predictive analysis for healthcare, public policy, and other decisions.