IUCN Red List API v3
The World's Most Complete List of Endangered Species
This API is best for providing detailed current data on species threatened with extinction.
IUCN Red List API v3 is essential for developers who need detailed current data on species threatened with extinction and their habitats, and trends. The API holds up-to-date conservation status, habitat and range description, population size, and trends for all known species. This information can also be used for research, conservation efforts, and to help inform policy decisions.
- Conservation status
- habitat and range description
- population size
- and trends for all known species
Potential use cases
- Environmental Monitoring: Leverage the API to track endangered species and their habitats, generating real-time data to be used to more closely monitor environmental conditions.
- Environmental Education: Use IUCN Red List API v3 to provide a list of endangered species to help students and other stakeholders better understand the importance of conservation.
- Eco-Tourism: Integrate IUCN Red List API v3 in your eco-tourism website or app to inform travelers of endangered species they can see while they visit a particular destination, motivating them to engage with local conservation efforts.
- GBIF API
- IUCN Red List API v2
- Esri ArcGIS API