LASS Pollution Monitoring API
Live monitoring of air quality around the world
This API is best for developers needing real-time and historic air quality data, as well as weather and other eco-system-level information.
Developers can use this API to get real-time and historic air quality data, as well as weather and other eco-system-level information from locations around the globe. The RESTful APIs make the data available in a simple, accessible format, and the GOES-16 satellite imagery provides a unique visual representation of the air quality data for further analysis and comparisons. This API can be used for a variety of applications such as environmental monitoring, urban planning, predictive modeling, and data science.
- Providing Airbox
- sensor and monitoring system data; Airbox data can be downloaded as a CSV file or through a RESTful APIs; Sensor data is available through a RESTful API; Monitoring system data is available through a RESTful API; GOES-16 global satellite imagery of pollutant gases (NO2
- CO and SO2)
Potential use cases
- Transport Index: This app aggregates places where transportation is available in a given area and assigns a 'transport index' to it by monitoring data from the LASS API such as local air quality, noise levels and weather conditions.
- Pollen Tracker: This app uses the LASS API data to predict the probability of an increase in local pollen levels. It provides alerts to users when the pollen levels are expected to rise to help prevent allergic reactions.
- Air Quality Tracker: This app allows users to track the air quality of their local neighbourhood in real time. The app visualizes the data from LASS API's from around the world to allow people to compare the air quality in different cities.
- AirNow Air Quality API
- IndyAir Historical Air Quality API
- PollenIQ Allergy Forecast API