Lead the Geocoding and Reverse Geocoding Revolution
This API is best for managing and converting an address or text into geographic coordinates, and vice versa.
Developers should use this API to integrate a geocoding solution into their applications and provide accurate, reliable, and up-to-date geocoding data. With the Positionstack API, you can automatically standardize a variety of international address data, validate addresses, and look up address information with minimal effort, in addition to many other geocoding services.
- Features include forward and reverse geocoding
- international address verification
- suggest and batch queries
- and enriched structured data.
Potential use cases
- Map Applications: Create a customizable mapping service with an interactive interface, with geocoding features to plot coordinates, connect two points, and provide data about most points of interest.
- Local Search Engine: Develop a full-featured local search engine which allows users to search over available data and services, with features like autocompleting address input, map visualization, and driving directions.
- Geolocation Databases: Build a database to store and organize geographical information, such as plotting locations, managing geography-specific historical events, and showing the proximity of points via latitude and longitude coordinates.